Dr. Stephanie Fisher Has Joined the Woodstock Community
Stephanie holds an EdD in Education Leadership from the University of Pennsylvania along with a MSEd in Education Leadership and Waldorf Education from Sunbridge College/Teachers College and a BS in Design from the University at Buffalo.
Stephanie began her teaching career as a middle school mathematics teacher and then served as a principal of a K-8 school in New York City where she brought Waldorf education into the school. Most recently she has been working as the Director at Learning Advocates which works with districts and states to design and implement resources to support learning in K-12 mathematics, instructional leadership, and school improvement. Prior to that she spent time as the Director of Mathematics at EdReports.org and the Manager Director, Global Standards and Scales and the Director of Curriculum and Standards Research, the Director of Common Core, and as a Senior Project Manager for Special Projects, all with Pearson. Stephanie has also worked as the Chief of Staff at America’s Choice/National Center on Education and the Economy, a Senior Program Office for New Visions for Public Schools and the Director for New Standards in Education at the University of Pennsylvania.
Stephanie’s accomplishments in each of the positions she’s held are impressive and too numerous to list here, but here are a few highlights of the experience she will bring with her to WDS:
- Working with prominent authors of national and international standards to define learning continuums for students.
- Conducting research and development of global curriculum and standards frameworks forschool improvement and leadership.
- Developing professional learning programs and resources for external and internalstakeholders.
- Leading leadership training for school, district, and state level administrators and coaches.
- Providing targeted instructional, coaching, and leadership support to over 100 secondaryschools.
- Aligning rubrics for instructional leadership to school and district based evaluation processes.
Welcome and thank you, Stephanie, for bringing your expertise and talents to our wonderful school!