COVID-19 and School Safety
New York State has required all schools to close for the remainder of the school year. Our students from Nursery School to Grade 12 are connecting with their teachers and classmates in our virtual classrooms and participating in distance learning.
For our younger students, teachers are sending home materials, projects and books that can be used to interest and engage children in educational activities. Our youngest students are given the opportunity to attend a virtual circle time each morning to interact with their teachers and classmates. Our middle and upper school students have the ability to work independently, and their teachers use a combination of applications from the Google for Education Suite, including Google Classroom and Google Meet for daily virtual classroom learning.
The WDS Community
- Teaching and Learning in a Pandemic – Letter from David Penberg, Head of School
- Greetings from Admissions – Letter from Adrian Hood, our Director of Admissions.
- WDS News – Our blog has the latest updates from the school.
- Flatten The Curve, a consistently updated resource on the importance of social distancing. It also lists realistic ways to keep yourself and your community safe.
- Protecting Your Mental Health during the Coronavirus Outbreak.
- A resource on Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus Outbreak.
- A running list of social and emotional resources for parents and students, being updated by WDS staff.