COVID-19 and School Safety
WDS Reopening Plans Fall 2020
WDS’s COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows the industry guidance developed by the State of New York, which is based upon Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Department of Health (DOH) guidelines for COVID-19, statutes, rules and standards, and New York’s relevant and current executive orders.
In the planning process multiple contingency plans were generated to accommodate a cluster of various needs and requirements. Ultimately this fluid and iterative process has been anchored by a guiding question: How to best meet WDS’s mission within this evolving and uncertain environment. Our mission and cultural role as a progressive school has informed all our deliberations and choices in the design and execution of this plan.
The WDS Community
- Teaching and Learning in a Pandemic – Letter from David Penberg, Head of School
- Greetings from Admissions – Letter from Adrian Hood, our Director of Admissions.
- WDS News – Our blog has the latest updates from the school.
- Flatten The Curve, a consistently updated resource on the importance of social distancing. It also lists realistic ways to keep yourself and your community safe.
- Protecting Your Mental Health during the Coronavirus Outbreak.
- A resource on Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus Outbreak.
- A running list of social and emotional resources for parents and students, being updated by WDS staff.